USA Rugby is helping kick-start Rookie Rugby Leagues for grades K-8, throughout the country, preparing American rugby for an influx of new youth athletes from the 2016 Olympic Games. Programs will be accepted on a rolling basis based on availability.
- Contact your SRO to set up a Rookie Rugby Club.
- League must target a new population for your organization (either a grade level or gender not currently available).
- All participants must register with the SRO as Rookie Rugby members.
- Apply here
- SROs must run a Rookie Rugby training session for all league coaches.
- All coaches must be Level 100 certified.
Accepted partners will receive:
- League in a bag: ball bag, bibs, flags, cones, and 10 balls. (Designed for a 4 team league of 40 players)
- Rookie Rugby coach training through the SRO
- Three printed Coaching manuals
- The League admin manual