View All Game Cards
Transitioning from Ultimate to Flag
A game used to transition players from Ultimate Rugby to full flag rugby.
How to Play
- Split players into two equal teams and begin on opposite sides of the field.
- Have players prepare by wearing flag belts and two flags.
- Start from Ultimate Rugby II and follow these progressions:
- Pass in any direction—3 steps/3 seconds
- Run with the ball—incorporate flag pulling and pass in any direction
- Run with the ball– incorporate one lateral/backwards pass after flag pull. Open play will allow passes in any direction
- Incorporate two lateral/backwards passing with flag pulls.
- Advance to all lateral/backwards passing with flag pulls.
- Incorporate rules to challenge players. For example, all players must receive a pass before scoring.
- Incorporate different rugby skills like offensive shape to help players be successful.
- Incorporating all skills into the game.
- Make sure players are mastering skills and game concepts before advancing.