To become familiar with the rugby ball and work on communication and teamwork.
How to Play
- Create teams of five and have them line up with one rugby ball for each line. Have players start facing away from the grid.>/li>
- The first person in line has teh rugby ball. When the instructor yells, “GO!” the first player passes the ball over his/her head to the next player and then recycles to the end of the line.
- The next player passes the ball behind them through their legs. They then recycle to the end of the line.
- Players continue alternating passes over and under and recycling to the end of the line until they reach the other side of the grid.
- Have the teams race, reset and race on the way back.
Incorporate fitness activities into the relay by requiring a fitness move before a pass is made. For example, perform a jump squat followed by passing the ball overhead. The next player performs a jump squat followed by passing the ball under their legs.
Carry the ball
This activity is great for a warm-up activity, ball familiarization or for fitness. Focus on players having fun and working together on their communication and teamwork to complete the task.