For a limited time, USA Rugby is providing starter League-in-a-Bag grants for new Rookie Rugby Leagues.
USA Rugby is helping kick-start Rookie Rugby Leagues for grades K-8, throughout the country, preparing American rugby for an influx of new youth athletes from the 2016 Olympic Games. Programs will be accepted on a rolling basis based on availability.
Who should apply?:
- Anyone may apply! It is ideal to have a coach or administrative member of USA Rugby on board to help register kids and integrate the program with the local State Rugby Organization.
- A Rookie Rugby Club must be in progress in the USA Rugby database before applying. Club fees vary by state, contact your State Rugby Organization for help.
- Name new clubs/leagues “Rookie Rugby [city or location]”.
- All coaches must be Level 100 certified.
- All participants must register with USA Rugby through normal SRO channels. Please be sure the registration process is clear in the application.
- The league must target a new population for your geography/organization (either a new age-grade level or gender not currently available for current members).
Accepted partners will receive:
- League in a bag: ball bag, bibs, flags, cones, and 10 balls. (Designed for a 4 team league of 40 players)
- Three printed 6-week coaching manuals
- The League admin manual
- The Opportunity to host a Rookie Rugby coaching training before their league start date when available through the SRO and USA Rugby.