While supplies last, USA Rugby is providing Rookie Rugby League Grants for new Rookie Rugby Leagues.
USA Rugby is helping kick-start Rookie Rugby Leagues for grades K-8, throughout the country, preparing American rugby for an influx of new youth athletes from the 2016 Olympic Games. Programs will be accepted on a rolling basis based on availability.
Who should apply?
- Anyone may apply! It is ideal to have a coach or administrative member of USA Rugby on board to help register kids and integrate the program with the local State Rugby Organization.
- Must be in an area or involved with a program which does not currently have Rookie Rugby
- Must be for a league of Rookie Rugby, not a single team
- Must be able to provide details of league (intended number of participants, location, and duration of league with future goals of growing the program.
- All coaches must be Level 100 Certified and Rookie Rugby Instructors ($20 fee)
- New Rookie Rugby League Application – Establishes new program under which all participants will be registered through our membership department.
- This application must be submitted and completed prior to grant approval.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and plan to ensure all participants to be registered with USA Rugby as New Rookie Rugby members
- Must complete Post-Program Survey details and media content including but not limited to:
- Number of participants
- Gender breakdown of participants
- Ages of kids / grades
- Names of Schools / Districts represented (% of free / reduced lunch program, if possible to collect)
- Two (2) direct statements / quotes each from guardians and participants regarding The impact of the program
- Photos of your program in action
Grant recipients will receive
- 10 Balls (size choice between 3 or 4)
- 1 Ball Bag
- 40 Bibs / pinnies (4 colors)
- 40 Flag belts (4 colors)
- 20 cones
- 1 Set each of game and skill cards
- 1 Curriculum manual
- 3 – 6 week coaching program manuals
- 1 Rookie Rugby Admin Manual
**If your state rugby organization (SRO) pays an annual club registration fee and approves your new league to be included, the new league fee of $160 will be waived. If, however, you do not have an SRO, or your SRO does not pay an annual club registration fee, then there is a $160 new league fee which must be paid in order to establish the new program in our membership system, prior to grant approval.
For questions, please contact Sharon Moskowitz.