View All Game Cards
Rugby Freeze Tag
A simple game of freeze tag using rugby balls.
How to Play
- 1-3 players are picked as taggers. Taggers are given a ball to use for tagging or use two hand touch when necessary.
- All non-taggers evade any taggers by moving into space within the grid.
- When a player is tagged with the rugby ball they must remain stationary or “frozen.”
- “Frozen” players can be released when their teammates perform a set skill. We suggest giving a high five to un-freeze a player. The game can either run for a set time or until all evading players are “frozen.”
- Players crossing over the boundary lines and stepping outside the grid become automatically frozen.
- Crawl between the legs of a “frozen” player to unfreeze them.
- Incorporate passing so that “frozen” players can only become un-frozen by receiving a pass.
- Roll a ball between the legs of a “frozen” player.
- Incorporate flags.
- Moving to Space
- Ball Familiarization
- Make sure players are focused on teamwork to keep their teammates un-frozen.
- Have the taggers call their tags, by yelling “tag!”
- Emphasize communication by having players call for help when they are frozen.