View All Game Cards
An evasion drill used to teach players how to offload the ball and create continuity.
How to Play
- Split players into groups of three.
- The first player runs out five yards and places the ball on the ground and runs five yards further, turning around and becoming a defender.
- The next two players run in a straight line towards the ball. The first player picks up the ball and performs a draw and pass skill.
- They draw the defense in one direction and pass to the next player running behind them in support.
- The player who now has the ball places the ball and becomes a new defender.
- The player on defense and the ball carrier from the first phase recycle to the end of the line.
- Have the group perform 3-4 phases down the field and 3-4 phases returning back to the beginning.
- Players should remain in a straight line while moving down the field. This encourages moving forward in games.
- Pass the ball from the right and left sides.
- Increase the distance between cones.
- Time each set of passes to see if players can improve their pace.
- Advance to incorporate the wiggle skill and flag belts.
- Moving Forward
- Running in Support
- Draw and Pass
- The Wiggle
- Receivers should keep their hands up and out at chest height, with their hands and fingers making a “W”.
- Encourage players to use proper passing form including both hands on the ball and following through, pointing their arms at the target.