View All Game Cards
Inside the Eagles Nest
A fun game that helps players work on running with the ball and passing.
How to Play
- Have players pair up and stand by one of the outside cones.
- Set a small square grid with cones in the center of the larger grid and put 10-15 rugby balls in it.
- On the instructor’s signal, one player from each team will run to the center grid and grab a ball.
- The goal for each team is to get the most amount of balls back to their cone.
- Only one teammate may be moving at a time. Once one player retrieves a ball, they can pass to their teammate waiting at their cone. Once the retrieved ball is placed at their cone the next player can move.
- Once all the balls are gone from the center the game will end and the team with the most balls at their cone wins.
- Use time limits and allow teams to steal balls from each other once all the balls from the center are gone.
- Start with an even number of rugby balls at each of the team cones. Have the players work to get rid of all the balls at their cone the fastest.
- Passing and Receiving
- Running with the Ball
- Encourage players to make efficient passes so that they can move faster.
- Make sure that players are communicating as a team.