View All Game Cards
A fun game of tag that helps players improve the defensive flag pull and the offensive evasion skill.
How to Play
- A smaller grid (6 x 6 yards) is centered within a larger grid (20 x 20 yards). Start with 4-8 players inside the smaller grid and 3-6 players outside the smaller grid, but still within the larger grid. Keep more players inside the grid than outside to start.
- The smaller grid is a safe zone for the offensive team. The defensive team can only move in the large grid and cannot enter the safe zone.
- On the a signal, the offensive players must try and escape outside the larger grid without having their flag removed by the defense.
- If an offensive player escapes to the outside they return to the center for the next round. If an offensive player gets their flag pulled they switch roles and become a defender on the next round.
- The game continues until everyone gets a flag pulled. Repeat the game and have players switch roles.
- Coaches can label the sides of the grid and limit the sides that players can escape for each round.
- Include rugby balls for the offense and have players pass or run with the balls to escape.
- Change the number of players.
- Evading Defense
- Flag Etiquette
- Encourage defenders to track offensive players to reduce their options.
- Help offensive players to be aware of open space and focus on evading defenders to move into space.