View All Game Cards
Cold and Hot Potato
A simple game designed to help players work on the different types of rugby passes.
How to Play
- Have players form a circle with one player starting with the rugby ball.
- Players will start with a “cold potato” rugby ball where they take time to learn a passing skill that the coach chooses by passing the ball around the circle to whoever they choose. Examples include:
- Pop Pass
- Spin Pass
- One Handed Pass
- Have groups of players compete to get the most amount of complete passes in a certain time limit.
- Incorporate more rugby balls.
- Have players replace the person they pass to.
- Make sure players continue to use their W’s when receiving the ball.
- Help players work to always be in a position to receive a pass.
- Encourage players to count loudly and together every time a successful pass is made.