View All Game Cards
This game should be used to teach players the basics of passing and catching a rugby ball.
How to Play
- Have players form a circle with about 2 yards in between each other.
- Start by having players attempt to complete passes around the entire circle without dropping the ball.
- Once players can get around the circle, make the game harder by adding a time limit.
- After the time limit, play a game of standing “Duck, Duck, Goose” with the circle. Instead of the tagger running away from the “Goose”, have the two players switch places and have the “Goose” race a ball being passed around the circle.
- Choose a tagger to walk around the circle clockwise with a rugby ball playing “Duck, Duck, Goose”. Once the tagger chooses a “Goose”, the “Goose” will start running around the circle while the other players work to pass the ball around the circle. The goal is for the “Goose” to beat the ball around the circle. Have each player take turns.
- Create two circles and have them compete against each other for time.
- Use two balls in one circle.
- Have players use different passing techniques such as a pop pass, a spiral pass or pass backwards.
- Incorporate fitness including jumping jack feet, shuffling, etc.
- Pass across circle and replace.
- Emphasize the “W” formation with their hands when receiving the ball.
- Work with players to improve their passing skills.