View All Game Cards
3 v 2
A gauntlet style drill that helps small offensive groups work on moving past the defense.
How to Play
- Start by setting a grid of three squares, 10 x 10 in size.
- Have three pairs of defensive players stand in between two cones at each 10 yard mark.
- Have offensive players form three lines at the beginning of the grid facing the defensive players.
- Three offensive players will start by running through the grid and attempting to draw the defender towards them. They will time their pass or run to continue onto the next defensive set.
- Defensive players can only play within their own square and must try and pull the ball carrier’s flag.
- There are no forward passes allowed. If one of their flags are pulled, the offensive team must go to the back of the line and try again.
- Make the rule that the defense can only move laterally.
- Have a players only pass or only evade on each turn.
- Add more squares to the grid making offensive teams work through more defenders.
- Passing and Receiving
- Flag Pulling
- Defensive Thinking
- Encourage defenders to work on reading the ball carrier’s actions.
- Make sure the offensive players without the ball are always in a supporting position.
- Make sure players are communicating clearly when calling for a pass.